To celebrate Hot Breakfast Month, we bring you delicious hot breakfast recipes from alive.
Who doesn’t love a hot breakfast with all the fixings? Whether you crave pancakes and maple syrup in the morning, or you prefer savoury tastes such as scrambled eggs, a (healthy!) hot breakfast is good for us in so many ways.
We know that breakfast is important for us, and it seems that every other day there’s a new study showing why. Here are some results of a few recent studies.
- Kindergarteners who eat breakfast on a near-daily basis have higher IQs than kindergarteners who only eat breakfast sometimes.
- In a study on male teenagers, eating breakfast was shown to contribute to a higher bone-mineral density.
- Adults who eat breakfast acquire more healthy nutrients such as vitamin D, iron, and calcium, as well as fibre.
- Regularly skipping breakfast may negatively affect our cardiometabolic health.
- Breakfast can keep us feeling full for longer, so we eat less later in the day.
Check out these hearty but healthy alive recipes to celebrate Hot Breakfast Month!
- Cremini Omelette
- Hazelnut Hemp Pancakes with Dried Blueberry Sauce
- Quinoa and Avocado Scram Slam
- Eat Your Protein Breakfast Wraps
- Tempeh “Chorizo”
- Grilled Banana and Maple Toast